2.0

I bought a Sentry Safe and it does not work properly. It can be made to function with new batteries every month but the use of the safe is keeping possessions and documents safe for years, not hours!

I called Call the SentrySafe Customer Care Line: 1-800-828-1438 and explained the problem three times. The first time I was told the safe was NOT guaranteed. I read the female technical representative the warrantee from the box. She agreed but said that ONLY covered the steel box and NOT the opening and closing mechanism.

After arguing that was STUPID, she agreed and said there was a solution but it would require a process of elimination, starting with the least likely component failure working toward the actual problem. This was the standard delay procedure they used to try and wear down consumers until they would accept the loss. She said the first thing to change was the battery drawer, and she would send me one for a $10.00 charge. I argued again she was completely stupid if she thought I was going to pay for warrantee changes especially when it is a part know NOT to be the problem.

She checked with her boss and said they could mail it out free of charge. She sent the wrong battery drawer. I called back on receiving the wrong part, I called and told then they sent the wrong part. This was a different technical representative, (this time male so I could tell it was a different person) apologized and said they would send the correct part.

I did not give him my name or explain the problem other than the wrong part was sent, but yet he knew it was the wrong part. Therefore this is a ploy to also wear down the consumer not an actual attempt to resolve the problem. I received nothing for 2 weeks and called again. This time the technical representative told me they were NOT going to fix the safe and honor the warrantee.

He said I had to make do with a safe where the batteries died every few weeks and that was the way it is!!!!!! The ignorant technical representative told me I could possibly extend the life by getting name brand alkaline batteries with at least a 10 year exploration date. I argued this was not possible as I had not seen batteries with a ten–year exploration. He said they were available if I found the correct shop that sold the most recently produced batteries.

He explained that hundreds of people have called with this complaint and once they used the correct batteries they were quite satisfied. THIS IS A LIE ! ! !

Not that hundreds of people have complained about the short battery life, I am sure that is true of everyone who has purchased an electronic SentrySafe in the pass few years. What is NOT true is that everyone is satisfied! First of all the use of the batteries the technical representative suggested are NOT listed on the outside of the box and people would NOT be happy to find special batteries. Second they would not be satisfied that this extends the life to 6 months, when it should be years.

Third people to do NOT call back to say “I’m happy now” ! ! ! !

SentrySafe is selling defective product and will not honor the warrantee. The boxes do not say the battery life is expected to be 6 months at the most.

The boxes do not say special batteries are required. The boxes do not say the SentrySafe will not honor the warrantee explicitly stated on the box.

Review about: Sentry Safe Safe.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

I didn't like: Are selling defective products, Refuse to honor the warantee.

Comments

No no no. You should be ashamed of yourself.

A grown adult acting the way you act toward representatives who are only doing as they’re told, on top of being uncooperative and hostile?

You deserve absolutely no help at all. Glad you lost some money.