1.6K views
Featured 100% full Not resolved

We just opened our fire and water proof safe from Sentry for the first time in over 2 years.We had a sizeable amount of cash in there, from many hard years of work.

We are buying a house and we were going to use money for the down payment. The safe was in a dry place but when we opened it the bills were wet and turned to mush. We have separated what we could and layed it to dry but a large amount is beyond hope.

After reading about currency that the treasury will exchange and the bills that were complete mush and we washed off, we have several thousands in loss.Needless to say my husband and I are heartbroken.

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue as the author lost $7000. The author is overall dissatisfied with Sentry Safe and uploaded a picture. The most disappointing about sentry safe from Sentry Safe was having my money rot Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Sentry Safe.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Home Security category for more informed decision or compare Sentry Safe to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Sentry Safe?

Comments

#1196379

Ever consider a bank?

Sorry but it is not the safes fault.It has to do with two things......The humidity and temperature fluctuations in the area the safe was in.

First some method of controlling the humidity should have been used, disacant or electrical dryer. Second it is wise to open the safe periodically to make sure there are no problems developing. Not a bad idea to leave the safe open occasionally to air out if possible.

Third location of the safe should be in an area that is less likely to experience large temperature swings and as dry as possible.The garage, not so good, a closet in the master bath, still not good too much humidity, closet in a bedroom that is in use, good spot, temperature swings are likely to be less as well as a low humidity.

I have one and it's never been damp inside. How did that happen?

Tucson, Arizona, United States #1052848

Anyone who's read information on any safe manual can tell you that you need to use a drying agent in the safe.whether its ammo, guns, jewelry, cash or whatever safes breed humidity, humidity causes mold mildew rust etc etc.

This is why gun safes have drying agents, desica gel, powder, electronic humidity control rods. Ever open an box of electronics, clothes, furniture they all have drying agents in a packet for storage until they're purchased and opened and allowed to breathe.

You can't fault the safe for operator error, you just learned an expensive lesson.PS even with drying agents the items inside the safes need to be periodically inspected.