Safe was a Xmas gift.I called the company with questions about the purchase date and itemizing the things being stored and reimbursement for them.

She announced that nothing in the safe is covered. I asked her why it asked for the itemized list then. She told me they just wanted to know how people used the safe. Huh?

So then I asked her why it said what the reimbursement is per item. (*** poor reimbursement if you ask me) Then she said that's for reimbursement from the insurance company leaving me to ask what insurance company. The 3rd party insurance company! You pay a premium each year!

I ask where does it explain that because literature leads consumers to believe their contents are covered. It says NOTHING about having to purchase insurance. She called my attention to the address I send the registration to which is noted to be Sentry Fire Reimbursement Guarantee. I then asked why if it's a third party insurance would you send it to Sentry.

Her reply-so we can let the insurance know. I pointed out that their literature is misleading. It doesn't mention having to purchase insurance. How many people think their contents are covered?

This is a load of ***.

Sentry has it's own insurance company shaking down consumers for coverage of the contents in case of fire.I'm going to report them to somebody else for their consumer screwing misleading ***.

Review about: Sentry Safe Safe.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Comments

Lincolnshire, Illinois, United States #1269291

***For fire rated safes only*** the company provides "some" coverage that goes above and beyond what your home owners or renters insurance covers.You do not pay a premium for it.

The only thing you have to do is fill out a piece of paper and you are good to go.If you actually read the literature it explains this.